Mark your calendars: Tour D’Coop is Saturday, June 1, 2019
The Tour D’Coop is Saturday, June 1, 2019. Advance tickets are on sale now.
Do you have a chicken coop? Do you live in Raleigh or nearby? We want YOU to be a host on Tour D’Coop on June 1. All coop hosts receive 2 free Tour t-shirts, a chicken-friendly goodie bag and a chance to win a rain water barrel and other prizes. Application deadline is April 15, but the earlier you can apply, the better. Fill out our interest form here.
More details about the 2019 tour will be available in the spring.
Highlights of the 2018 tour included:
• Chicken coops throughout Raleigh, including downtown, Midtown, North Raleigh, West Raleigh, South Raleigh and Apex.
• A self-guided eco-friendly bike route through inside-the-beltline Raleigh coop sites
• Food available at some sites
• Several homes with bee hives as a part of our “Hive Hike”.
• A coop raffle, with tickets available at ticket sites on the day of the tour as well as coops #1 and #12
• T-shirt sales at coops #1 and #12
About the Tour D’Coop
This unique “Parade of Combs” features hens and coops tucked into the gardens of your friends and neighbors. All tour proceeds benefit Urban Ministries of Wake County.
The Tour D’Coop is a one-day garden tour in Raleigh, North Carolina, that seeks to educate visitors about keeping hens and delight them with garden ideas and inspiration. Open to adults and children, the tour showcases various hen houses and breeds. Coop owners are on hand at each location to discuss the how-tos of chicken keeping and there are opportunities for photographing and getting to know the chickens. The wide variety of coop styles as well as the surrounding back yard gardens make the tour interesting for the whole family.
Please leave pets and companion animals at home; many hens are not accustomed to dogs.
We encourage tour participants to bring a city map if they do not own a GPS system. The tour tickets only provide the coops’ addresses and general location.